THE GEEKEND RADIO SHOW on 97.2FM & ONLINE
A NEW RADIO SHOW FOR SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY FANS
In February 2011, the forces of three individuals combined, three individuals all with a love, passion, and lifeblood in common, so strong, that they can waffle on about it for a packed hour every Saturday. Yes, geeks united, at the weekend, could only result in one thing; THE GEEKEND!
Presented and produced by Wayne Imms, who has produced various BBC Radio 2 documentaries (which have covered Star Wars, Star Trek and Oscar winning composer Anne Dudley), I am weekly reporter in my section of the show 'Geek Girl', rounding up the latest geeky goings on outside the studio. Far from a damsel in distress, I gadabout like Lois Lane, seeking out the latest news, scoops and interviews that will whet the appetite of our loyal listeners. Our final and most super comrade is Odeon marketing manager James Tully’s and his 'Screen Scene' looks at new cinema releases, with wondrous wit as his blade of glory.
And we also have some utterly stunning guests each week, here are a few, a moment to show off:
• BAFTA nominated Being Human creator and Doctor Who scriptwriter Toby Whithouse
• Television and film producer Henry Normal (The Trip, Gavin and Stacey, 24 Hour Party People)
• Actor Ray Brooks (Doctor Who, The Avengers, Randall and Hopkirk, Cathy Come Home, Mr Benn)
• Television and film director Ben Wheatley (Down Terrace, Ideal, The Wrong Door, Modern Toss)
• Stuntman extraordinnaire; Vic Armstrong (The Indiana Jones trilogy, I Am Legend, various Bond films, Dune, Flash Gordon)
• Head of Development at Optimum Releasing films; Dan McRae
• Author Alwyn W Turner ( The Man Who Invented the Daleks: The Strange Worlds of Terry Nation)
THE SPACE & THE SPACE BLOG
The Space is a regular entertainment and media event with a line up of high calibre and successful special guest interviews - held at Komedia, Brighton's leading arts venue.
Since joining the team in 2010, I've started up The Space blog and assist at all the events we run, be they the quarterly events held at Komedia,or the more bespoke sellout screenings we hold at The Duke of York's Picturehouse; the UK’s oldest purpose-built cinema (it's awesome, please visit).
Past guests we have had include:
Frank Skinner, Mark Gatiss, Paul Franklin, Robert Watts, Norman Reynolds, Nicolas Roeg, Toby Whithouse, Goldie, David Morrissey, Clare Grogan, Michael Eavis, David Arnold, Jeff Wayne, Alan Parker, Barry Norman (and the list goes on...)
For nerdy news and geeky japes, follow me on Facebook for random videos, quick updates and more pictures of my adventures.
Character limited Geek Girl snippets, live event feeds and token networking. Yep, I know how to keep busy.